Chapel Hill Wedding at Fearrington
Chapel Hill Wedding at Fearrington.
1. How did you meet? We met on a blind date that mutual friends had set-up for us. Ryan and I attended UNC-CH and graduated in 2009, but did not meet until 2016 in Charlotte when we had both settled there after graduate school. For our first date, Ryan asked me to our favorite Italian restaurant (without previous knowledge of this!) and then we continued playing games (pool, foozball) at a local bar.
2. How did the proposal happen? We were suppose to attend the Charlotte Symphony Pops at their outdoor theatre on Saturday, July 1st, 2017, but the rainy weather intervened. We decided for a nice dinner date close to the house. Ryan made sure to be dressed and ready downstairs with ring in hand before I finished getting ready. As I stepped into our kitchen, he was down on one knee. My immediate response was "Is this real?" and then I happily responded "YES" to what I knew would be a lifetime with my best friend.
3. When did you know he/she was "the one?" Ryan "just had a feeling" a couple months into dating. When he went home to Orlando, FL for a weekend to spend time with family, he purchased Kelsey a beautiful vase at a local art show and knew from that moment on. Kelsey knew they had something special from the beginning, but it took a little longer for her to let her guard down. By August of 2016, when her family and Ryan vacationed to Charleston, SC, she was sure she wanted him to join her family forever.
4. Tell us about your wedding inspiration: "Rustic elegance" is how Kelsey would best describe the look. It was very important to Kelsey and Ryan that the day be casual, fun, and loving. Neither of us wanted an extravagant or perfectly planned day. Good food was a must as we both love to cook. As well as a fun band to keep all the party dancing the night away.
5. Any special details or fun memories from wedding day you'd like to share? Being able to do a first look as well as read personal vows/cards to each other was a highlight for Kelsey. Ryan's favorite moment was being able to walk over to the In Memoriam table together as husband and wife. We both think the most fun part of the evening, was getting to dance to good music with our family and friends.
Floral Designer: Fearrington Flowers//Event Planner: Gilda McDaniel//Event Designer: Gilda McDaniel//Cake Designer: The Fearrington//Caterer: Fearrington House//Reception Venue:The Fearrington Barn//Makeup Artist: Ceremony Salon//Hair Stylist: Ceremony Salon//Dress Store: Classic Bride and Formals//Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero//Band:The Band Punch//Invitation Designer: Minted//Photographer: Krystal Kast Photographers